Choose one of the following Community Service Programs:
- Group Size
- The 14-Day Project Costa Rica summer community service program accommodates up to 30 participants, which fosters expanded social interactions and friendships within the group during evening and local activities in La Fortuna and during our exciting weekend adventures. Each community service project typically consists of 8 – 12 participants, which enables our teenagers to benefit from small group interaction at the service projects.
- Hotel Los Lagos is our home away from home in Costa Rica. All rooms are doubles and consist of private bathrooms, air-conditioning, cable television, refrigerators, and safety deposit boxes. The hotel provides amenities such as daily housekeeping, swimming pools, natural hot springs, full-service restaurant, hiking trails, gift shop, and laundry facilities. During the weekend excursion to Guanacaste, we stay at the beautiful Tamarindo Diria (for more information, see the Weekend Excursions page).
- While staying at Hotel Los Lagos, our group eats most meals at the hotel. There is always a variety of choices at every meal, from American-style options to traditional Costa Rican cuisine. There is always something to eat for every type of diet. Occasionally we will dine in town, allowing our summer community service participants to enjoy local flavor. During our weekend excursion, 3 meals per day are provided at our hotel and in local restaurants.
- Our summer community service staff members are teachers and graduate students who are committed to Project Cost Rica’s ideals of volunteering and giving back to the global community. Rein Community Service staff members are always present at each service site. All staff members attend our professional training workshops where the emphasis is placed on the safety and well being of our teenage volunteers. Program leaders are trained in Basic First Aid and CPR. Our bi-lingual volunteer coordinators additionally staff all service sites.
- Project Costa Rica Community Service uses professionally driven buses and vans to transfer our participants to their various projects and activities. During the weekend excursion, we utilize professionally driven coach buses. There is no additional fee for transporting participants to and from Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose.
- The Rein Communication Center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week throughout the program. Teenagers are permitted to bring cell phones and can use wifi when available.